Re: stripping libgcj.so.4 -- lightweighting libjava

> I made a bit of an attempt at that in a talk I initially gave internally
> at HP a while ago.  A (slightly edited) version of those slides now also
> exists at http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/files/unprotected/gcj2.pdf .
> This admittedly looks at things from mostly one perspective (mine).

The gcj2.pdf presentation is definitely a good read.

I guess some background required to understand the issues at stake, but even for
readers who won't understand the argument fully, it gives a good indication of the
amount of research that is going into GCJ.

I would recommend to link to the document from a more prominent place in the GCJ web
site!