RE: Thread/GC failure of gcj-3.3.1 on netbsd-current

I've attached Marc Recht's patches.  But I don't think that's the issue.

AFAICT, the collector currently doesn't have support for NetBSD threads.
(If you look at the -D flags being used to build the collector, one of them
should be of the form -DGC_<XYZ>_THREADS, where <XYZ> should probably be
NETBSD.  But I don't see support for such a flag in the collector.

The support does exist for FreeBSD, Linux, etc.  Assuming NetBSD isn't
too different from these, it probably won't require many additional lines of
code to add the support.  It probably doesn't make sense to add it to
anything before 3.4 however.

I think the symptoms are consistent with this theory; the collector is
probably running somewhere other than in the initial thread, and it's
getting confused about stack addresses, because it thinks there's only
one.

Hans