Re: exception handling

    Jeff> I don't know.  DLL support for Windows is still very
    Jeff> experimental.

    Jeff> I could suggest you compare to how --enable-shared is
    Jeff> implemented for GNU targets, on which GCC produces a
    Jeff> libgcc.a (static) and libgcc_s.so (dynamic) for runtime and
    Jeff> EH support, along with libgcj.a and libgcj.so.

    Jeff> For dynamic builds both your main executable and
    Jeff> libgcj.{so,dll} must link to the shared libgcc_s.{so,dll}.

    Jeff> GCC currently does not build a shared libgcc_s.dll for
    Jeff> Windows.  You could try replacing libgcc.a with a libgcc.dll
    Jeff> before you build libgcj.dll, and see how far you get.

Up to now, I've done the following (only for libgcc up to now):
Let the normal build process build it objects and libraries.
Then redone all library creating steps with mingw32-gcc -shared to
create shared executables.  For libgcc_s.dll that worked.  Not sure
whether that is the right way.

I've crossposted to mingw-users@lists.sourceforge.net and there
someone pointed me to the post
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-03/msg00097.html.
Maybe this has also to do with the exception handling?!

Christian