Re: NPE with gcc 3.4 when trying to open a tcp-socket

Jörg Maisenbacher writes:
 > Andrew Haley wrote:
 > >  > You can try to see if it's a optimizer bug in the C++ compiler.  Try
 > >  > compiling with "make CXXFLAGS=-g"
 > >
 > > Compiling libgcj, I mean.
 >
 > How do i do this w/out needing to recompile the whole gcc-suite again?
 > sorry for my ignorance, but this is the first time i build a compiler...

Uh, okay.  You were using so many weird options I just assumed that
you knew what to do.

$ cd i686-pc-linux-gnu/libjava/ && make clean && CXXFLAGS=-g

(Out of interest: if this is the first time you're building the
compiler, why are you using all these special configure options.?)