XAWT - verify errors

Hi there!

gij thinks the bytecode in this method is invalid.
This could be a verifier bug, or it could actually be a bug in the
bytecode.  I can't say without more information.

So maybe it isnt my fault? As I said, everything works like expected (excludes image loading).

True, but it also isn't easy to write a plain Xlib application. Take
a look at the ICCCM or the newer stuff (I think on freedesktop.org) to
see all the extra junk you have to do.

Of course, I think X-lib bindings are as hard to create than GTK-Bindings, just because X is so lowlevel.

I'm rather more skeptical about that :-)

No, but habe a look at biss-awt. Currently it doesnt run very well on the xawt-implementation, but it offers a big set of modern widgets.
Of course, if you want to develop native L&N apps using AWT/GTK your application it might run even faster that the 100& lightweight implementation.
But, if I would want to develop such an application I would rather use java-gtk or SWT.
But, I dont want that a flamewar occurs, sorry for nerving.

I´ll a look why Image-loading doent work, write a few bash-build-scripts and then I´ll create a first release ;-)

lg Clemens