Re: solib: URL patch

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Sturm <jsturm@one-point.com> writes:

Jeff> Does there need to be any CNI mechanism for this?  Or is Java's
Jeff> Class.forName() etc. adequate to load/invoke the solib?

Yeah, the thing is that you want to be able to write CNI code that
calls methods in java.lang, etc.  Binary compatibility is less useful
if you have to recompile all your CNI code when you upgrade.

Jeff> For my 2 cents, I like this patch a lot.  My only nit is that the name
Jeff> "solib:" is a bit peculiar.  It refers to the defacto suffix naming of
Jeff> shared libraries on ELF targets (which are quite common now, I admit).
Jeff> I'd marginally prefer "sharedlib:" over "solib:".

Yeah, good point.  Maybe we should put `gcj' in there somewhere, to
emphasize its non-portability...?