Re: libgcj has some j2ee classes but not all

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:14:24PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> We're trying to write it all, but there are a limited number of
> volunteers, and the Java API is very large.

I wasn't trying to be critical, just trying to lead into the next question.

> Ryan> You could merge the jboss implementations with libgcj in the
> Ryan> same way you've merged the gnu classpath classes with gjc.
>
> It all depends on the licensing and copyright assignment stuff.

Jboss is LGPL. So is the reason gcj can't use an existing J2EE
implementation because they would have to assign the copyright to the FSF,
you can't just take it?

--
Ryan Boder
http://www.bitwiser.org/icanoop