libgcj has some j2ee classes but not all

One problem I ran into with the jboss client was duplicate classes between
libgcj and the jboss package. Gcj has the javax.transaction.* classes and
they are also implemented in jboss. I worked around it by removing the
individual class files from jboss-j2ee.jar (client class library) that
libgcj already has. But before I did that, the code would compile and then
the executable would give a runtime error complaining about duplicate
classes.

The workaround is OK, but inconvenient. If gcj is going to implement some of
the j2ee API, why not all of it?

You could merge the jboss implementations with libgcj in the same way you've
merged the gnu classpath classes with gjc. Then you get all of j2ee for free
right? Of course, I know very little about this, but it seems to make sense.

Is this something anyone would be interested in or more of a nobody cares
situation?
--
Ryan Boder
http://www.bitwiser.org/icanoop