state of umlaut and other char stuff problem

hi,

a while ago we discussed here a problem of mine:

gcj apps, when working with the File-Class have problems with files in
whose name are chars like the german umlauts, and spanish tildes

can anyone please tell me if someone has yet found a solution or workaround for
this

if someone has i'd very much appreciate mohan putting this in his build,
of course

Peschmä