Re: compiling SWT gui with gcj on linux

> There have been multiple posts on this list on this topic -- just
> search the archives.  Also there is an article that is on the IBM
> developer site about this.  We should probably link to that.  Anybody
> have the URL handy?

The article "How GCJ, Linux, and the SWT come together to solve the Java UI
conundrum" is at http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-nativegui

Maybe Mohan or Erik could give us an SWT/gcj
> howto link that we could add to our web pages too...

There are the perennial "hello world" examples, but they don't scale. Without
additional structuring, they won't get people beyond exactly that: "hello world".

On the other hand, preparing for building medium to larger scale applications
requires setting up stuff, reading up documentation, thinking about various aspects
and doing all kind of things that people don't necessarily like.

I haven't figured out how to get people to read pages and pages on issues you won't
run into when doing just a "hello world"; or on what they need to know so that they
can solve their own problems. I wonder if providing additional documentation will
help here? I must admit my failure in tackling this problem up till now.