Re: compiling a SWT-gui with gcj on windows

Hy

Now i've got a little bit further, by replacing mohans build with version gcc33-20030722.
Just let me tell you, exactly what i want to do. I have serveral libraries (.jars) and a jar with our code, which runs fine with java. Now i wanted to compile the whole stuff with gcj to make it run natively on windows (which i think the users would prefer to java).

I have library-files in my pwd:
boot.jar jface.jar runtime.jar;swt.jar trove.jar xmlParserAPIs.jar xercesImpl.jar (they are all in CLASSPATH)

 and
g2gui.jar, which is our piece of work

 i can compile every single file with
> gcj  -fjni -c filename.jar
which results in filname.o

if i do the last step (in my poor knowledge of gcc/gcj):
> gcj --main=net.mldonkey.g2gui.view.G2Gui -s -o g2gui.exe trove.o boot.o runtime.o xmlParserAPIs.o xercesImpl.o jface.o g2gui.o SWTMessages.o -L. -lswt

 i only get this error:
,---------
Error: 0-bit reloc in dll

Perhaps some more could help:
* I have deleted HTMLDOMImplementation.class from xmlParserAPIs.jar, as gcj can not currently use libraries that contain duplicate classes, and
and "xercesImpl.jar" and "xmlParserAPIs.jar" both contain "HTMLDOMImplementation.class"
* I have the latest build from mohan, were the binutils reside in i686-pc-mingw32/bin, as far as i understood some mails on this list, this is supposed to fix some problems, but not mine :-(

So far for me, i don't know what i am doing wrong, as i only have(as already mentioned) very poor knowledge of gcc/gcj, and i couldn't find any good howto on the net. I don't know, wether you need additional information, as i'm kind of newbie in compiling with gcc/gcj.

joerg

--
  "There are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary and those who don't."