Re: building static libgcj

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Munjal Kapadia wrote:
> When I try to statically build libgcj (and the rest of gcc) with the
> --disable-shared options in the ./configure parameter set, some of the
> binaries are not statically built (i know this by running ldd)
> gij, grepjar, jar, jv-convert, rmic and rmiregistry  are not statically
> linked

Are they linked with libgcj.so?

> The other binaries like gcc, gcj, gcjh etc... are statically linked.

To be pedantic for a moment, a 'static binary' does not link to any DSO,
not system libraries such as libc.so or any other.  GCC does not produce
these even if configured with --disable-shared.  However that option
suppresses any shared libraries that GCC would build on its own
(libgcj.so, libgcc_s.so, libstdc++.so).

Is that what you need?

Jeff