Re: Supporting pthreads in libjava on Tru64 UNIX

Tom Tromey writes:

> I'm all for importing.  I want to do it, but finding time is always a
> problem.  More significantly, I think gc6.2 uses a newer auto*, and
> therefore it is advisable holding off a little bit in the hopes that
> someone will fix the top-level configury stuff so we can import
> without redoing a lot of build machinery.

Ok.  It may be possible to get away with the current CVS version on Tru64
UNIX: as I said, I'd re-discovered and fixed most of the problems already
fixed in 6.2 myself.  I'll probably redo them to match the 6.2 release to
avoid merge conflicts if and when that happens.

> If Hans ok's your patches, we can check them in immediately after
> importing 6.2.

Fine, thanks.

> As to GC debugging, there is a list dedicated to the GC these days.
> You might have better luck if you ask your question there.

Ok, I'll try that unless this thread turns something up: I had looked into
the archive and found nothing relevant, but had hoped either Hans or
Richard would chime in: the tight loop in the asm version of
GC_test_and_set seems to be primarily an alpha assembly language problem
and easy to understand/fix for someone really fluent in that.

	Rainer