Re: Irix support

>>>>> "Simon" == Simon  <gcj@gornall.net> writes:

Simon> I was wondering what the status of gcj (or gcc) was on Irix 6.5
Simon> at the moment ?

I don't know, but...

Simon> I downloaded and attempted to compile gcc-3.3 with java (just
Simon> in case the gcc-docs were out of date :-) but it fails to
Simon> compile even the C++ compiler, triggering the error ...
Simon> #error BUFF_SIZE_UPPER_BOUND must be at least as large as MIN_BUFF_SIZE!

This is not a gcj problem.  You'd probably get better results
reporting this to the main list or via bugzilla.

Simon> So, is anyone working/using gcj under Irix ? If so, are there
Simon> patches I can get hold of ?

Simon> If there's no-one currently using gcj on Irix, is there a
Simon> summary somewhere of what doesn't work ? If it's not too hard
Simon> to fix, I'll give it a go, though I'm hardly a gcc expert :-(

In 3.1, Irix 6.5 was reported as working, but the port was disabled by
default due to "tricks required to get it to build".  I don't remember
what these were, but they were posted to this list; you should be able
to find more information in the archives.  If it worked once, it
shouldn't be too hard to make it work again.