Integrating gcj and C

Does anyone know what needs to be done to embed C++ into C
without having a C++ main module ?  I've looked at a bunch
of mailing list archives and FAQs, and no-one seems to want
to say.

The reason that having a C++ main program is not practical
right now is this:  My project involves integrating the
JMTk memory management toolkit, written in Java, into the
runtime for ghc, the Glasgow Haskell Compiler.  I'm at the
stage where JMTk now happily compiles with gcj, and I'm
building the layer that will interface with the existing
runtime system, which is written in C.

GHC produces its executables using the gcc code generator,
with the runtime system in a .a file.  The main program is
generated by the compiler (afaict), and the compile and
link commands ditto.  I can easily add libraries to the
link command.  I would like, if at all possible, to do the
one-off C++ initialization code myself, because I really
don't want to have to mess with the actual ghc compiler.

Does anyone on this list know what is required (or
who/where to ask) ?  Performance is important (vital), so
using CNI over JNI is essential.

Thanks in advance,
Robin

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup