Re: Implementation of java.awt.GridBagLayout

Michael> I have looked into the issues need to be solved in
Michael> GridBagLayout an they are not too hard to implement. I think
Michael> we dont need to use the code from Acunia and no need to get
Michael> involved into licensing issues if we can avoid it.

Cool.  Back when I did a lot of AWT stuff (I wrote most of the other
layouts), this one looked more complicated and I didn't want to get
into it.  It always seemed like a fun problem for someone though.

Michael> BTW: I wrote to RMS and he said PCRE's license is okay. We
Michael> can use it if we want. I'm still waiting for an answer from
Michael> the gnu.regexp maintainer ....

Does PCRE handle utf-16 ok?  How much configury does it require?  I
think we'd have to get some permission from a "more global" gcc
maintainer to import, but that shouldn't be very hard, since there is
a lot of precedent already.  Are there other tradeoffs between PCRE
and gnu.regexp?  If one is clearly "better" (as measured along
whatever relevant axes there are: maintainability, speed, ...), let's
use it.  There's always the possibility of switching as well.