Re: switch constant issue

On 9 Jun 2003, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Jeff, I think my patch won't affect Steve's problem.  That patch was
> for a different case, where we would inline a non-{int,string}
> constant incorrectly (causing link errors, as I recall).  Steve is
> seeing the opposite: we aren't inlining an int constant that we
> should.

Well, see the prior patch then:

* class.c (build_static_field_ref): Check FIELD_FINAL.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/java/class.c.diff?r1=1.140&r2=1.141&f=h

It's been awhile, but I think that was just the failure this patch
intended to fix.

No way to know for sure unless Steve tries his code on mainline.  None of
these patches are in 3.3.

Jeff