Re: Small example of livelock regression in garbage collector forGCJ 3.3 under Win32

I'll try rebuilding with the flags in question. Do you also
think I should apply Danny's MinGW-local patches too?

If you are referring to this patchset:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.devel/567

most definitely yes! Do remember that it is (most likely)
against 3.3 final release rather than the current
3.3(.1) branch.

Even with your latest (20030517) GCJ 3.3 snapshot, the
"double-real-null" exception problem persists, at least
on Win2K (as expected) - if you rebuild with
additional "--enable-sjlj-exceptions -fcheck-references
-fuse-divide-subroutine" flags, and this problem
disappears (more like shoved under the carpet), I'll
breathe a huge sigh of relief!

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/