Re: gcj and jikes

> I think it would be fairly easy to attach the jikes front end to gcj.
> This would be a vast improvement, since jikes is much better at
> parsing the Java language; for instance, jikes can compile Eclipse,
> whereas gcj cannot.
> The non-technical barrier is licensing.  jikes is under the IBM public
> license.  We'd probably have to get some sort of special dispensation
> from RMS (and/or IBM) to do this.

If I understand correctly, everyone likes the idea of attaching the jikes
front end to gcj. Did we come to a decision to make this a reality? If
yes, the first thing is to clarify licensing issues. Is there any progress
concerning this item? Thanks.

Jörg

Bis zu 100 MB Speicher bei http://premiummail.yahoo.de