Re: compile question about dll of windows

 jfbriere at myway dot com

> The link mentioned below (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-12/msg00287.html)
seems very promising BUT
> has anyone succedeed to execute this command on Window$:
> mingw32-gcj -shared -o libgcj.dll -Wl,--out-implib,libgcj.a
-Wl,--export-all-symbols *.o
> Where *.o refer to all the object files extracted from original libgcj.a
>
> Either on the Window$ command line or with MSYS/MinGW, I get the usual
"Invalid argument" error (this is usual when there are a lot of object files on
the command line).

> I also tried the linker directly:
> ld -shared -o libgcj.dll --out-implib libgcj.a --export-all-symbols *.o
> On MSYS/MinGW: the usual "Invalid argument" error...
> On Window$ command line: the
all-too-sweet-Micro$hit-one-of-too-many-funny-messagebox "Low in Virtuel
Memory..." appears, then the command returns and then..... libgcj.a = 0 bytes
libgcj.dll = 0 bytes! Wow! Thanks Micro$hit/Window$

> I use Window$ XP Home SP1 on a Pentium 3 with 256 Mo.
> Any workaround here?
> Thanks!

Try:
1) Update bunutils to CVs
2) Build ld with larger stack reserve (say 32MB)

You could also try rename orig libgcj.a to libgcj.orig.a and then just link in
that with --whole-archive flag when building dll without xtracting to object
components
Danny