maximum memory for gcj-compiled executable?

Is there any way to instruct a gcj-compiled executable to limit its memory
consumption to a particular maximum? I would like to prevent that one server
process crowds out the other server processes.

I know for a fact that 1 Mb (transient) memory should be enough for a
particular server process. I'd like the process to stick to that maximum.
Today it bluntly continues requesting additional memory, instead of garbage
collection what he has already, verociously inflating its consumption to a
staggering 200 Mb, before doing the reasonable thing.