Re: hang when printing exception

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 00:21, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 23:29, Tom Tromey wrote:
> > I looked at the recent changes here but nothing stands out as a
> > problem.  Anybody experiencing anything similar?
>
> I am just tracing a similar hang it seems. But it is to late and I have
> to get some sleep first. Here are some comments, maybe someone who is
> more awake immediatly sees what is wrong here. I have the following
> strange backtrace: [...]

There is something very strange going on here. So I need some reality
check. On my system the following program:

import java.io.*;

public class InOut
{
  {
    Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cat");

    InputStream in = p.getInputStream();
    System.out.println(in);
    OutputStream out = p.getOutputStream();
    System.out.println(out);
  }
}

Gives as output:

java dot io dot FileInputStream at 80ca400
java dot io dot FileInputStream at 80ca3e0

When compiled with 3.3 or 3.4. But 3.2 gives correct output (one Input
and one Output). Could someone try what the above program gives on their
system?

Thanks,

Mark