Re: Option to automatically generate missing exceptions and methods

Øyvind> It seems to me that instead of manually writing these stubs,
Øyvind> GCJ could automatically generate the empty classes/methods.

Øyvind> Is there such an option?

Nope.  I don't think gcj has enough information to generate stubs
automatically.  For instance, what is the superclass of an unknown
class?  Likewise for argument and return types.  How would you
distinguish a missing-and-to-be-stubbed class from a typo?

Someone wrote a tool to generate the stub classes from javadoc.  I
think it would be better to just generate the ones we find we need.

Or, hack the upstream code not to require things we don't have.
That's the rhug approach.  This has the benefit of keeping the API
compatibility page more closely aligned with what we really implement.