RE: There's something i'm confused about.

I think you can compile a bunch of .jar files to a single .o at once.

    gcj -c -o foo.o *.jar

Then link as usual.

^^^^^^^^^
Noh, gcj complains. You can't mix -c with -o.

gcj -c mumble.jar

does work, and produces a mumble.o.

I'll try to get a test case to you.

As an example I compile xalan.jar with gcj -c xalan.jar.

I try to link a bunch of my classes that reference xalan classe, but the linker spits up unresolved references. Dhek has pointed out that the linker needs to be massaged.

gcj -o mumble <class-filelist> xalan.o.

This is all on linux with the 3.2.2 build.

I'm just going bananas because .jar don't work like .a's, and getting all the classes down to .o's and in .a's would be fine. Then I could use the standard tools to deal with linking.