Re: GCC 3.3 MingW Crossed-Native Build Fails on fastjar

>> > The build fails on fastjar with the following unresolved symbols:
>> >
>> > jartool.o(.text+0x12ed):jartool.c: undefined reference to `opendir'
>> > jartool.o(.text+0x14b0):jartool.c: undefined reference to `readdir'
>> > jartool.o(.text+0x153a):jartool.c: undefined reference to `closedir'

>BTW, if you're using 3.3/3.4, this should no longer be necessary for
>MinGW as the GCC specs file itself adds -lmingwex. You *are* using the
>3.3 cross-compiler to build the crossed native compiler, right?

Ranjit (or anyone else that knows how to do this), I'm redoing the
crossed-native build and the same fastjar error is occurring. I did
a grep in ALL files in the gcc source distribution and was unable to
find mingwex in any of them.

This is added by a mingw-local patch that has apparently not yet made it to the GCC CVS. In any case, first locate the GCC "specs" file in your MinGW cross-compiler installation - this is located in the folder $XGCC_DIR/lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.3, where $XGCC_DIR is the folder where you installed the cross-compiler. In this file, change this line:

%{mthreads:-lmingwthrd} -lmingw32 -lgcc -lmoldname -lmsvcrt

to this:

%{mthreads:-lmingwthrd} -lmingw32 -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt

and you should be done.

BTW, this line is generated from the "#define LIBGCC_SPEC" line in
"gcc/config/i386/mingw32.h".

Hope this helps.

Ranjit.