Re: Report on SWT GIJ 3.3

Ranjit Mathew wrote:

> >C:\thisiscool-gcc\examples\HelloSWT>gcj --classpath=swt.jar -C
> HelloSWT.java
>
> You should pass the "-fjni" option to GCJ while compiling
> class files for use with JNI.

Sorry, this is of course incorrect as you can't specify "-fjni"
while generating a class file. Thanks for pointing this out
Oywind.

You might want to try debugging this yourself. If you have
MSYS, and this trace is generated by foo.exe, you can do
'nm foo.exe |grep " T " |sort |c++filt -s java >foosyms.txt'
to get methods and their addresses within the executable in
the file "foosyms.txt".

For each of the addresses in the unknown portion of the
trace, you can try finding the "greatest address less than
or equal to" the given address and you will get the
method causing the error.

This is actually how I found the parseURL( ) problem. ;-)

Of course, an easier way would have been to have a debug
version of libgcj.a or use a simple program to do this
lookup job for you.

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew        Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com
Bangalore,