RE: Is the bugdatabase alive?

Hi,

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 22:05, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> However, the most important thing is not the database, but the
> brains(people) behind it!

Grin. I am picturing all these brains, which of course look like busy
little people, hiding behind the bug database :) But that is not really
how our bug database works. It is just a way to archive a discussion
about a particular issue between people that want to have it resolved.

> The good thing about reporting bugs to http://www.eclipse.org is
> that you get immediate response; be it "this is a duplicate", "we
> won't fix it" or "its been assigned". I get a feeling that
> the bugreport has been forwarded to the right people who will make
> use of the information in due course. Its not a black hole.

They probably have more volunteers then we do. We could certainly use
someone that goes over the database every once in a while and asks
people (or the mailinglist) who can work on what and who categorizes
things a little.

But in the meantime, please ask on the list if someone knows more about
a particular bug or how you can provide more information. If an bug is
important to you please keep it "alive" by providing more information,
workaround, debugging sessions, hacks, etc.

Cheers,

Mark