Re: Demangling of method names and addr2line/c++filt

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 14:06, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Ranjit Mathew writes:
>  > IMHO, it is safe to say since we are giving c++filt only the mangled
>  > name via addr2line
>
> But we're not, are we?  Sometimes the mangled name comes from dladdr().
> [...]
> I still wonder if it might be much better to do the demangling in
> addr2line, and this would be a much more robust solution.  Okay, so
> it's broken on some targets but presubaly that's fixable.

And sometimes we get the value from the libgcj supplied addr2name.awk
script. NameFinder explicitly falls back to that program if addr2line
doesn't work or isn't available on the platform. I don't know which
platforms that are though.

Cheers,

Mark