Re: order of arguments on command line when linking

Erik> When I change the order of arguments on the command line when
Erik> linking, I may get linking errors, which can be solved by
Erik> changing the order of the arguments.

Erik> Is there a reason for this?

This is how Unix linkers have always worked.
They make one pass through the libraries.

There are various ways to handle this.  One is to order things
carefully.  Another is to have the linker search the libraries
multiple times; see the ld manual.