Re: darwin threads on boehm-gc was Re: Status page

Andrew Haley wrote:

You might be pleased to learn that Mac OS X, Version 10.2, just dropped
into my mailbox.
Got mine as well yesterday. Copy number xyz. (10.2.3) Did you get the same?

I presume that there will be a bunch of other software/upgrades/etc
required before I can try building gcc.  I'd be grateful if you could
let me know what I'll need.
Ok, the Developer tool should be part of the copy.

And then you need texinfo-4.2 at least.
Automake/Autoconf are delivered with, but in version 1.6/2.5x. So you need a copy of this tools as well (the java tool chain.)

If you want to run tests then you also need dejagnu, expect, tcl and last but not least a working kernel.
I can pass you one in priv.
The deja, expect versions are from cvs, tcl is 8.4.1.

Hope I didn't forget too much.

I placed all in /usr/local/ and built it myself.

Don't forget to create enough partitions while you're at it. HFS+ or ufs.

Let me know if you're stuck.

Andreas