3.3 schedule

Appended is a message that Mark recently sent to the gcc list.
Thought people here might be interested.

We're in ok shape, but still not great.  There are still some
regressions, a pile of patches for review, and some platforms that
need help (or at least someone to try a build for them).

Tom

I've been not doing as good a job as RM as I should have, and for that
I apologize to all of you.

I've cleared the decks to some extent and will be focusing more on
these tasks in the days and weeks ahead.

I would like to release GCC 3.3 on March 1.  Therefore, I expect to
completely freeze the compiler on February 22, which gives us a bit
less than a month to fix up the regressions that apply there.  I think
that Feb 15th is clearly too optimistic at this stage, and I will be a
taking two days of vacation on the 13th and 14th, which makes the 15th
a particularly unfortunate time.

I'd like to enter stage 2 for GCC 3.4 two weeks after the release
actually occurs.  I know that we normally allow a month, but I think
stage 1 has already brought in a lot of changes, and I think another
45 days should be enough to get enough new bugs, ahem, features,
checked in to keep us busy through the GCC 3.4 release cycle.

I'll start banging on GCC 3.3 regressions, and encouraging others to
do the same.

Thanks,