Java 3.3 regression details from sparc-sun-solaris2.7

 > From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
 >
 > Kaveh> Are (any of) these on your radar already in some fashion? Would you
 > Kaveh> Tom like (or need) more info or assistance in reproducing these?  (I
 > Kaveh> haven't filed any PRs against these yet.)
 >
 > Thanks for the offer.
 >
 > The `linking cxxtest' failure is probably a test suite bug.  For this
 > and other cases, the libjava.log output would be helpful.

Ok here are some details from libjava.log.  (I've changed the subject
line since we're really on a difference topic.)

For this testsuite results posting:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2003-01/msg01167.html

I'm skipping PR1343, FileHandleGcTest and pr8823 since you've already
got a handle on them.  I've also eliminated some duplicates for tests
run multiple times.  For the rest, I get the following logfile entries.

Notes:

1.  Most of the tests get a NullPointerException so they may be
    related.

2.  I don't have a lot of (any) experience debugging java programs so
    I'll need you to walk me through whatever extra help you need from me.

3.  FileHandleGcTest and Throw_2 appear in 3.2, all of the others are
    regressions in 3.3. and should IMHO get extra attention.

		--Kaveh

PS: Let me know if you'd rather I file PRs.

ld: fatal: library -liconv: not found
ld: fatal: library -liconv: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to cxxtest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
FAIL: linking cxxtest

spawn [open ...]
   <<No stacktrace available>>
FAIL: Array_3 execution - gij test

spawn [open ...]
Exception in thread "Thread-3" Exception in thread "Thread-2"
java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
fail: 2000000
FAIL: SyncTest execution - gij test

spawn [open ...]
Exception in thread "Thread-4" Exception in thread "Thread-2"
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
fail: 1000000
FAIL: SyncTest execution - gij test

spawn /teal/tmpdisk/ghazi/gcc-testing/33/build/gcc/jv-scan
--encoding=UTF-8 /teal/tmpdisk/ghazi/gcc-testing/33/egcc-3.3-CVS20030125/libjava/testsuite/libjava.lang/TLtest.java --list-class
TLtest Data Data$1 ThreadTest
spawn [open ...]
Exception in thread "A" java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
test OK.
FAIL: TLtest execution - gij test

spawn [open ...]
sleeping
done
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
FAIL: Thread_Join execution - gij test

spawn [open ...]
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
ok
FAIL: Thread_Monitor execution - gij test

spawn [open ...]
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
1 notified.
2 notified.
3 interrupted.
4 interrupted.
5 notified.
6 notified.
7 notified.
8 notified.
9 interrupted.
0 interrupted.
1 interrupted.
2 notified.
3 notified.
4 notified.
5 notified.
6 notified.
7 notified.
8 notified.
9 interrupted.
FAIL: Thread_Wait_2 execution - gij test

spawn [open ...]
Thread waiting.
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
   <<No stacktrace available>>
join ok
Thread 1 error
Thread 2 notified ok
FAIL: Thread_Wait_Interrupt execution - gij test

spawn [open ...]
FAIL: Throw_2 execution - source compiled test