Re: Article on GCJ

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 20:03, Weiqi Gao wrote:
> Please if you have a few munites can you take a look at the article?
> And let me know if the information therein is still valid, correct,
> up-to-date and useful.

This is a good introduction to gcj.  Perhaps we should put a link to it
or copy it into the FSF's gcj page.

The only nit I caught is that it's always best to recommend using "gcj"
to link any application using libgcj.  Your CNI invocation example uses
g++.  The reason you should use gcj is that it knows to bring in target
specific libraries required by libgcj (like winsock on Windows).  I
believe you can just replace "g++" with "gcj" and your example will
still work. Gcj should know enough to invoke the C and C++ compilers
when required (although -D might not work, because gcj overloads that
option).

AG