Re: gcj-compiled HelloWorld.exe size

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 05:37, Boris Kolar wrote:
> Hmm, I just got another idea: how about if I compile libgcj native parts only
> and let compiler build my project with my own versions of Object, Class, String,
> ... classes. Do you think that would work?

Yes - this can be made to work.  This was the approach taken by that
dude who got gcj compiled code to run on a lego mindstorm (an H8
processor with only 32K ram).  I would dig up a reference, but I'm on a
plane right now with no internet connection :-(

I think this time would be better spent helping figure out how to
integrate different "official" language/runtime configurations into the
current build system.

AG