Re: making static linkage useful (oh the horror!)

I believe that some of the Windows users looking for small, statically
linked executables may be satisfied with a J2ME configuration of
gcj/libgcj where static linking doesn't break the language.

My hope is that one day you should be able to configure GCC with
--enable-gcj-profile=j2me and get libgcj-j2me.{jar,a,{dll,so}} in
addition to the regular J2SE flavour of libgcj.*.  I did some work in
that direction a little over a year ago but abandoned it for lack of
time.

Anyone interested in trying this out again?

AG