Re: Size problem

The only compelling argument I've ever heard for shared libraries
(with modern computer prices, of course -- things were different in
the 70's when this stuff was invented) is upgradability.  When the
libz buffer overflow was discovered, all those apps that statically
linked libz were a real pain in the butt to secure.

  - a