Re: Using gcj as an extension language

Tom Tromey wrote:
I'm pretty interested in helping people write GUI applications using
gcj.  We still haven't found our "killer app".
Though not a "killer app" per se, I believe that SWT could be it.

Both GCJ and SWT take a pragmatic approach towards getting the
job done and getting it done well without having arbitrary hangups
about being strictly "pure Java".

I became interested in GCJ after seeing Kirk's article in
IBM developerWorks about building native GUI applications
using Java and SWT, and judging from the feedback we've been
seeing, I guess a *lot* of others share the same enthusiasm.

Fast and responsive GUI applications that you can write in a fairly
popular and object-oriented language - what more can a developer
ask for? :-)

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew        Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com
Bangalore,