Re: Linking libgcj, and Java security

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Before I submit a patch, is there any good reason _not_ to use
> -Bsymbolic?

Back when Bryce and I tried it, it didn't quite work.  IIRC the GC relies
on global symbol relocations to resolve DATASTART, DATAEND.  There may be
other problems.  There should be some discussion in the archives.

Alternatively, what do you think about using ELF visibility modifiers
(e.g. hidden, protected) which can be applied to individual symbols?

Jeff