Re: linux-gnu to mingw32 cross

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Aliger <martin_aliger@email.cz> writes:

Martin> Main magic was using two configure options:
Martin> --enable-libgcj
Martin> --enable=threads=win32
Martin> Is there any problem to enable theese as default? Compile gcj
Martin> without library is not very useful. And not including thread
Martin> option results in compile error in many places (boehm_gc and
Martin> awt as examples)

What error do you get from AWT when building without threads?
I don't see how that could happen.  The AWT code shouldn't be aware of
whether threads are enabled.

Making either of these the default is more a decision for the main GCC
maintainers, in particular those associated with Windows.

I don't know why --enable-threads=win32 is not the default.

For --enable-libgcj, I think it is up to us to recommend a default.
Generally our approach has been to recommend this when libgcj builds
fine for given target.  Is that the case for Win32 right now?  I was
under the impression that native Win32 builds were still a problem.

Martin> As well this process could be a little better documented

Where did you look that you were expecting to find the info?

Martin> First: gcc3.2 sources does NOT compile libjava due to error in
Martin> java/net native classes (not defined IP_BROADCAST_*)

Please send the exact error message.

Also, in general it helps to use the trunk sources.  There has been a
lot of work on java.net lately, thanks to Michael Koch.  Ranjit, what
are you using?

Martin> Second: gcc3.2 2002/11/18 snapshot has completely reworked
Martin> java/net (through java/nio) and it works but it does not
Martin> compile other packages (awt+swing+xlib , accessibility, ...),
Martin> use unknown gcc option -fswitch-enum, ...

Hmm.  This must mean that you are trying to build libgcj separately
from gcc itself.  This won't work; you must build the whole package.
We regularly rely on features of the current (relative to the version
of libgcj) gcc.