JAXP suggestions

There's been some recent discussion on what to do with the JAXP parts of
libgcj (org.xml and org.w3c mostly).  Here are my suggestions.  I think
I got all the version info right, but would welcome corrections...

1. Keep org.xml and org.w3c up to date with the latest official JRE rev
from Sun.  Sun's 1.4 spec is using JAXP 1.1.  I believe libgcj is
missing a few things.  We can pull those classes out of GNUJAXP or some
version of Xerces.  Everybody uses the same implementation anyways.
We've already decided that importing this code is OK.

2. Add a mechanism to disable the use of libgcj's JAXP code.   Xerces is
tracking JAXP 1.2.  The most recent versions of Tomcat and Xalan depend
on the latest Xerces implementations.  The fact that we've got org.xml
and org.w3c rolled into libgcj.so is actually a problem.  My suggestion
is to pull libgcj's org.xml and org.w3c out into lib-org-xml.so and
lib-org-w3c.so, and link these into every program _unless_ we use a new
compiler flags -fno-jaxp (or something like that).  This would let
people link against newer implementations of these classes and retain
the nice feature of not having to worry about adding compiler/linker
flags in the default case.

3. Keep using GNUJAXP, Xerces, etc as separate packages from libgcj
(with the exception of the core JRE-tracking org.xml/w3c classes).

I will do [1] and [2] if there are no objections.  I want to upgrade
rhug's Xerces but this is getting in the way.

AG