Re: GCJ application runs not too bad with shared libs, butcrasheswith static libs - seems to be in _Jv_MonitorEnter

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 12:49, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Mark Wielaard writes:
>  > On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 20:50, Adam Megacz wrote:
>  > > It's statically linked, but it crashed for me with newer glibc's.
>  > > This should help determine if it's your compiler or your system.
>  >
>  > Thanks. This might also explain an error I am trying to track down this
>  > whole day :( On my main development machine I recently upgraded to glibc
>  > 2.3.1. When I got this email I checked on another machine that is still
>  > running glibc 2.2.5 and all seems to work OK there...
>  >
>  > I am also seeing strange things when using gij to interpret byte code on
>  > the glibc 2.3.1 system:
>
> This looks to me like there may be some sort of version mismatch with
> libraries.

I setup a small partition with Debian testing (glibc 2.2.5 based) which
works correctly (my main partition has Debian unstable, glibc 2.3.1
based which shows the strange behaviour). I can hack again on libgcj now
which makes me happy. I will try to investigate the breakage later. For
now I just want to warn people not to upgrade to Debian unstable (and
maybe other distributions that use glibc 2.3.1).

Cheers,

Mark