Re: GCJ application runs not too bad with shared libs, butcrasheswith static libs - seems to be in _Jv_MonitorEnter

Hi,

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 22:43, Adam Megacz wrote:
> Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:
> > >    http://dist.xwt.org/xwt-0268.linux.gz
>
> > Thanks. This might also explain an error I am trying to track down this
> > whole day :( On my main development machine I recently upgraded to glibc
> > 2.3.1. When I got this email I checked on another machine that is still
> > running glibc 2.2.5 and all seems to work OK there...
>
> So does xwt-0268.linux.gz crash on your machine?

Yes :{ On the glibc 2.3.1 machine it crashes very quickly. It seems to
run fine on the glibc 2.2.5 machine.

> If so, it's definately your glibc; you're seeing the same thing I am.
> The wierd part is that this is a statically linked binary, so it
> shouldn't be linking agianst the glibc on your system!

I know. And downgrading glibc is not something I like to do. (I did try
it once on a system and I don't want to be reminded of it...)

Cheers,

Mark