Re: linux-gnu to mingw32 cross

You need to also specify --enable-languages=c,c++,java to
GCC configure.

Ranjit.

Martin Aliger wrote:
Hi all and especially Tom,

I'm trying to build linux->mingw gcj cross-compiler. I read lot of stuff here and there and seems it is currently possible (esp. from Tom's notes). But I was unable to build it since now :(

I have native linux gcc 3.2, and i386-pc-mingw-gcc cross C compiler successfully build (and working!). Even gcj builts successfully but no libjava... (gcj doesn't work due to lack of libjava.spec)

There is message in the beggining of configure output complaining about that:

[alik@explorer crossgcc-obj]$ ~/java/crossgcc-src/configure --prefix=$HOME/java/crossgcc-install --target=i386-pc-mingw32 --with-headers=$HOME/java/crossgcc-install/i386-pc-mingw32/include/

Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib target-libjava
(Any other directories should still work fine.)

When I try to configure this myself [~/java/crossgcc-src/libffi/configure] it builds but seems it builds as linux-native ;( I think libjava must be mingw library, musn't it?

I tried the same with newer snapshot gcc-core-20021118 and gcc-java-20021118 but got same result.
Any help?

Regards,
Martin Aliger

Email.cz -----> Vaše emailová schránka zdarma.
http://www.Email.cz <------------Pošta zdarma!

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/