Re: Sequential build of libjava

Hi,

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:

> So where did we leave the serialized multilib make problem?

Well, nobody reported back, if it starts to work, if one fiddles with the
MULTIDO variable in the proposed ways (either by replacing all uses of
that var with the content, so that $(MAKE) is exposed, or by letting
MULTIDO directly begin with a '+').  If I do this, I at least don't get
those make warnings anymore, but I can't really test, because even without
that change the target libs are built in parallel (it might be that those
targets using $(MULTIDO) only build the additional multilibs, so that the
first one is build in parallel and the rest sequentially).

If you could do that, we would know, if indeed that was the problem, and
think about a real solution.

Ciao,
Michael.