Re: libffi and embedded mips

Anthony Green wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 09:32, Joel Sherrill  wrote:
> > It looks like the unix mips platforms go to great pains to define
> > this based upon gcc arguments.
> >
> > I have no idea how it should be set for a generic mips-elf
> > embedded target.  Suggestions appreciated.
>
> I just looked at an older mips-elf-gcc build we had installed here.  It
> looks like the compiler doesn't give you any hints as to what the ABI is
> for this configuration.  Maybe we should just fall back on the
> assumption that we're using the MIPS GCC eabi.

Do you have suggestions on how the ifdef should look?  It is pretty ugly
now.

To make progress, I pushed by this by switching target CPUs and ran into
more general problem.  The $(LINK) command for the libffi test does not
appear to go looking for newlib in the build tree.

To continue on, I put a - in front of that line and then got to boehm-gc
and told it to use POSIX threads for RTEMS.  That got me to the point
where
it wanted to know about memory layout.

Which all leads me to a more general suspicion... has anyone every used
the GNU Java libraries on an embedded target?

Looking at the configure's and target configuration files, I am not
finding many signs that another embedded target has ever been worked
on.
If I am in uncharted territory, then I will need some help if anyone
cares about this getting pushed into the embedded space.

THanks.

> AG

--joel sherrill