Re: who's been mucking with EXEEXT?

Jeff Sturm <jsturm@one-point.com> writes:
> The 2nd definition applies to non-canadian crosses.

>From the name, that would seem to be the case.  However, in real life,
a non-canadian cross is using the canadian definition.  Any idea why
this is?

> Anyway, am I incorrect saying that gcjh is a host utility but EXEEXT
> is a target setting?

You are correct.

> And even for win32 hosts, $(EXEEXT) need not be present in this
> macro to find gcjh?

I believe that htis is incorrect.

On cygwin, I think you can omit .exe, but on mingw ("real windows")
you definately cannot.  However, the gcc in CVS can't be built to run
on a mingw host (there's a giganto-patch for 2.96 out there), so this
is probably a non-issue.

> 2002-08-27  Jeff Sturm  <jsturm@one-point.com>
>
> 	* Makefile.am (ZIP, GCJH): Remove $(EXEEXT).

This works; can you please check it in?

  - a

--
"Cassette tapes are killing the music industry" -- RIAA spokesperson, 1978