Re: File.getCanonicalPath on Windows?

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:
> >>>>> "Adam" == Adam Megacz <gcj@lists.megacz.com> writes:
>
> Adam> I'll test it; post it here.
>
> Appended.

Here's the output of PR6652's test case with your patch; you can see
the current working directory from my prompt:

    megacz@VMWARE z:/
    $ ./foo.exe
    z:

    megacz@VMWARE z:/
    $ cd xwt

    megacz@VMWARE z:/xwt
    $ ../foo.exe
    z:\xwt

    megacz@VMWARE z:/xwt
    $ cat > z:foo
    asdf

Here's the output from JDK1.4:

    megacz@VMWARE z:/
    $ java.exe -cp . foo
    Z:\

Now I should note that "z:foo.txt" *is* a valid path, so this is not
broken. However, what the JDK does makes more sense (appending a '\'
to drive letters), and we should be imitating the JDK anyways.

This isn't the only place where java.io.File is quirky/wierd on
mingw. I say commit your patch; I'll come back later and make some
Win32-specific cleanups at some point.

  - a

--
Sick of HTML user interfaces?