Re: PATCH: Use libgcj_convenience.la ( Re: libjava bootstrap failure on sparc-sun-solaris2.8)

In article <20020605041907.GA17430@nevyn.them.org>,
Daniel Jacobowitz<drow@mvista.com> writes:

> I don't know the mechanics of this bug, but would dividing it into
> multiple convenience libraries help?

I suppose one could consider making one convenience library per leaf
directory (since object files names within any given directory should
be unique), but golly isn't the cure becoming far worse than the
symptoms.

I guess I still don't fully understand why we need to create a
convenience library for a user-exposed library.  We are still
compiling every source file twice.  There are still really long
command lines (which was the stated reason for the original patch).

Regards,
Loren