Re: ZipInputStream brokenness

Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> writes:
> And what does "pure Java, no native code" have to do with
> correctness?

It means "more thouroughly tested" since it has been in use for a
while outside the scope of libgcj.

> If it performs poorly then we really would be better off to fix
> the existing code.

Yes, but who's going do that? Jazzlib is a drop-in -- you literally
'cp' it into java/util/zip, and everything works.

> However, in this case, the problem isn't really related to Jazzlib.
> Per made the good point that zlib is more mature and better tested
> than Jazzlib.

A red herring -- zlib isn't the problem. The native method linkage
between ZipInputStream and zlib is the problem (as you pointed out).

  - a

--
Sick of HTML user interfaces?
www.xwt.org