Re: RFC: Disable RTL inlininer for Java?

Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz> writes:
> So, I propose to disable inlining in GCJ until we make it use the
> tree inliner.

Could you please leave the inliner on for very simple cases like these
two?

    int getFoo() { return foo; }
    void setFoo(int newFoo) { foo = newFoo; }

I'm being a bit selfish here -- XWT makes a lot of these calls in very
tight, performance-critical rendering loops. I depend on HotSpot or
GCJ to inline it, and I actually manually inline my bytecodes with
'javago' when deploying to the MSJVM (it makes a huge difference in
performance).

Failing that, could you simply make -fno-inline the default, and add
something like -fdo-inline for those of us who are willing to risk
crashy code to get the performance boost?

Thanks.

  - a

--
Sick of HTML user interfaces?